Skip to content
- Even though most of the earth is made up of water, only 3% of it is available for drinking!
- The rest of the water is salt water or water contained in the ice caps
- If a full bathtub represented all the water on earth, just a teaspoon of this water would represent our drinking water
- We all share this water
- Everything that lives needs fresh water to survive, plants, animals, the endangered northwest salmon that lives in our lakes and streams, and of course, us humans
- But helpless plants, land, and sea animals don’t use as much water as we do, and they certainly can’t do anything about the water that we use and waste
- It’s our job to take care of the earth and our water supply by being smart about the water that we use
How You Can Help
- Using water wisely will help make sure that we all have plenty of clean water to use
- It is important not to waste water in your home
- Maybe you can start an environmental club in your school and think of new ways to be environmentally friendly with your friends!
- Maybe you can even start an environmental club in your school and think of new ways to conserve with your own group!