Glad you asked!
- Believe it or not, 70% of the earth is covered with water!
- Even though you can’t see it, there is a lot of water underground called groundwater that soaks into the ground from rain, snow, sleet, and hail
- There’s also a lot of land on the earth that’s just really wet, called wetlands
- We call these areas swamps, bogs, and marshes
- The rest is salt water or contained in the ice caps
- All of this water, just like the water in the ocean, will make its way into the never-ending, amazing water cycle