Job TypeFull Time/Temporary; Hourly (April/May - August; Up to 17 weeks)
Salary$21.28 per hour
Kitsap Public Utility District (KPUD) is seeking four (4) highly motivated individuals to perform various water system maintenance tasks as a temporary/seasonal Water Utility Laborer.
Job Related Qualifications
Duties and Responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- Operate small power tools required to complete the maintenance of water systems.
- Perform traffic control responsibilities, such as setting up, moving, and tearing down traffic control cones and signage, and flagging as needed.
- Operate weed eater and mower to perform grounds maintenance on utility properties.
- Clean utility equipment and vehicles.
- Maintain, clean, and paint fire hydrants, blow-offs, valve markers, and Airvacs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred but not Required Work Experience, Qualifications, and Skills:
- Experience in ground maintenance or closely related work experience.
- Experience driving a truck while towing a utility trailer.
- Flagging Certification.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license with satisfactory driving record.
- Successful applicants must pass a background check and drug test.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to be self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic to help meet KPUD’s mission of Strengthening Kitsap communities through responsive and sustainable utility services.
The work environment is 10% in the office/shop and 90% outside, and requires driving, frequent bending, grasping, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching, repetitive motion, lifting/carrying objects weighing up to 15 pounds, and occasional lifting/carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Temporary position, no benefits.