Adding Tenants to an Account
- Each time a new renter takes possession of the property, a new Tenant Letter of Authorization (PDF) must be submitted, and a new account activation fee of $27 will be assessed to your account.
- As the owner of the subject property to be rented, you accept all responsibility for non-payment of water bills – We do not begin shut-off procedures until the account reaches $200.
- You acknowledge and agree that all unpaid charges may result in a lien against your property until paid in full.
- All unpaid balances must be paid before a new tenant will be added.
Notice to legal owner: The Revised Code of Washington (RCW) Section 57.08.081 provides that water charges are charges against the property served. As the owner, you become liable for unpaid charges if the property manager or tenant do not pay. Failure to resolve unpaid bills may result in termination of water service and/or a Notice to Title against the property.
Adding a Property Manager to an Account
- In order to bill a property manager, we require a Letter of Authorization for Property Managers (PDF) with a signature from the property owner.
- The account activation fee to add a Property Management Company to your water bill is $27.
- Please fill out, sign, and return the Letter of Authorization for Property Managers (PDF) form, if you wish to have a duplicate bill mailed to your property manager.
- The account will remain in your name, because as the property owner, you are ultimately responsible for any unpaid water bill.
- You will continue to receive a copy of the water bill, allowing you to monitor your account.
- We only read the meter and send a final bill when a property manager ceases managing the property.
- Owners are responsible for prorating statements that include new property management service periods.
- We will need to be notified by the property owner, if the billing situation should change.
If you have any questions, or need assistance, please contact our office at 360-779-7656 or send an email to Customer Service.